North Carolina celebrates Falls Prevention Awareness Week starting on the First Day of Fall each year.
Falls Prevention Awareness Day is September 22, 2020.
North Carolina will celebrate Falls Prevention Awareness Week September 20-26, 2020!
Please click this link to Healthy Aging NC for a map and listing of events for Falls Prevention Awareness Day/Week held across North Carolina in 2019.
NC Falls Prevention Awareness Week 2019
- Governor’s Proclamation for 2019 Falls Prevention Awareness Week
Resources from the National Council on Aging (NCOA) :
- 2019 FPAD Webinar
- Social Media Images
- Photo Contest – Deadline October 31st!
- Media Toolkit
- Complete list of resources for 2019
Resources from NC State and Local Coalitions (see past, yet still relevant, presentations below):
NC Falls Prevention Awareness Week 2018
Presentation/Webinar by Ellen Schneider to the NC Falls Prevention Coalition on NCOA Falls Prevention Awareness Day and Week resources available for North Carolina.
Summary of Falls Prevention Awareness Week activities in 2018 across the state of North Carolina.
This summary was compiled by the National Council on Aging based on survey responses and reported activities from coalition members.
NC Falls Prevention Awareness Week 2016
The theme for 2016 was Ready, Steady, Balance: Prevent Falls in 2016.
- Preventing Falls – One Step at a Time: informational flyer (Thanks to Healthy Choices for Maine); click here for a customizable version
- Social Media Messages: Tweets and Facebook posts ready to use!
- Day-by-Day Falls Prevention One Pager (Customizable)
- Emergency Room Doctor’s Advice on Fall Prevention: flyer with information from Dr. Robert Anderson, a fall specialist
- Governor’s Proclamation for 2016 NC Falls Prevention Awareness Week
- Place Mat with falls prevention tips (Thanks to the Montana Falls Prevention Coalition!)
Resources from the National Council on Aging
Learn from and share with Local NC Falls Prevention Coalitions