North Carolina will celebrate
Falls Prevention Awareness Week (FPAW) September 20-24, 2021!
Click HERE to post your events and/or to see a map and listing of FPAW events to be held across North Carolina in 2021.
Click HERE for the notes from our statewide FPAW 2021 Planning Call on July 19th! PHOTO CONTEST DETAILS on pp. 18-19.
Here are the 2021 FPAW resources from the National Council on Aging:
- Falls Prevention Awareness Week Toolkit
- Explore redesigned handouts and other materials that will help raise awareness around falls prevention this September and year-round. New resources are currently in development and will be posted in the toolkit soon.
- Fire & Falls Webinar Series: Engaging Firefighters and EMS for Falls Prevention
- Hosted by the National Council on Aging and the Administration for Community Living, this webinar series will feature organizations who have successfully partnered with their local EMS and fire department to address falls prevention. September 1, 8, 15, and 22 @ 1:00p ET.
Thanks to NCOA, the CDC Stay Independent Risk Assessment is now online!
Click HERE for Spanish version: Mantenga su independencia.
Check your fall risk online: Falls Free Check-up
You will receive your results via email to share with family members, health care providers, pharmacists, etc.! The results also include specific steps that you can take to prevent falls.
Introduction to Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention
STATEWIDE VIRTUAL EVENT
Monday, September 21st, 2020 – 11am – 12pm
NC Falls Prevention Awareness Week (FPAW) 2020
Stay tuned: 2021 Proclamation coming soon.
2020 FPAW Placemat Contest
We are excited to share the winners of the Placemat Contest for FPAW 2020.
Thank you to all participants and judges.
Please spread the word and share! Click on the images or links below to see BOTH SIDES. Download, add your own logo, print and distribute!
Submitter: Sarah Locklear
Organization: Hamlet Senior Center, Hamlet
APTA NC Fall Prevention Special Interest Group 3rd Annual Falls Prevention Challenge 2020
Click HERE to see the winning videos!
Learn from and share with Regional NC Falls Prevention Coalitions
- Ellen Schneider, Statewide Coalition: Updates from the state and local levels
- Leigha Shepler, Guilford County: Coalition successes
- Rebecca Chaplin, Western NC : Building successful coalitions
- Triangle Falls Coalition: Facts About Falling Community Presentation