Find more resources and educational presentations on preventing falls, building coalitions, and supporting community falls prevention efforts at https://ncfallsprevention.org/presentations/
Healthy Aging NC
An Initiative of the NC Center for Health & Wellness at UNC AshevilleHealthy Aging NC serves as a resource center for evidence-based health promotion and disease prevention programs. Learn more about our chronic disease management and falls prevention programs, as well as additional resources at the Healthy Aging NC website.
Evidence-Based Falls Prevention Programs in NC
- A Matter of Balance
- Otago Exercise Program
- Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention
- YMCA: Moving for Better Balance
- YMCA: Enhance Fitness
- National Council on Aging – Evidence-Based Falls Prevention Programs* Overview *Not all of these programs are offered in NC.
- Evidence-Based Leadership Council – Program Information and Program Map
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) InitiativesFor Health Care Providers:
- CDC STEADI (Stopping Elderly Accidents, Deaths & Injuries) Toolkit for Healthcare Providers
- CDC STEADI Coordinated Care Plan to Prevent Older Adult Falls
- CDC STEADI-Rx – Help pharmacists to engage patients and providers to improve fall-related health issues; offers tools for pharmacists on how to screen, assess, and coordinate care to reduce older adult fall risk.
- CDC Clinician Fact Sheet – Older Adult Falls
- CDC Stay Independent Brochure – Fall Risk Self-Assessment
- CDC Medication Fact Sheet – Are your medicines increasing your risk for falls?
- CDC STEADI Medications Linked to Falls – a Fact sheet on medications linked to falls; medication management can reduce interactions and side effects that may lead to falls
- CDC STEADI Check for Safety Brochure – A Home Fall Prevention Checklist for Older Adults
- CDC What You Can Do to Prevent Falls Brochure – Customizable
- CDC My Mobility Plan – A mobility planning tool to help you stay independent, safe at home, mobile in your community.