Falls Prevention Awareness Week 2021
Congratulations to the 2021 Falls Prevention Awareness Week Photo Contest Winners. Thank you to all who submitted pictures and thank you to the judges for helping.
#1 Title: Friendship, Wilkesboro (Sept 17), Event: Kick-off Tai Chi Event in celebration of Fall Prevention Awareness Week Submitted by Amber Chapman/High Country Area Agency on Aging
#2 Title: Habitat Families – Falls Prevention Class- Exercise is key! Charlotte (Sept 24), Event: Falls Prevention Class Submitted by Janice Williams/Carolinas Center for Injury Prevention
#3 Title: Training Client Chapel Hill (Sept. 23), Event: Trainer and Resident in Fitness Center – Falls Prevention Awareness Week Submitted by Michelle Marino/Carolina Meadows
NC Falls Prevention Awareness Week 2020
- Introduction to Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention
- STATEWIDE VIRTUAL EVENT, Monday, September 21st, 2020 – 11am – 12pm
- Click HERE to see the NC FPAW Placemat Contest Winners
- APTA NC Fall Prevention Special Interest Group 3rd Annual Falls Prevention Challenge 2020
- Click HERE to see the winning videos!
- Governor’s Proclamation for 2020 Fall Prevention Awareness Week
- Media Toolkit
- Social Media Toolkit
NC Falls Prevention Awareness Week 2019
- Governor’s Proclamation for 2019 Falls Prevention Awareness Week
Resources from NC State and Local Coalitions (see past, yet still relevant, presentations below):
NC Falls Prevention Awareness Week 2018
Summary of Falls Prevention Awareness Week activities in 2018 across the state of North Carolina. This summary was compiled by the National Council on Aging based on survey responses and reported activities from coalition members.
NC Falls Prevention Awareness Week 2016 The theme for 2016 was Ready, Steady, Balance: Prevent Falls in 2016.
- Preventing Falls – One Step at a Time: informational flyer (Thanks to Healthy Choices for Maine); click here for a customizable version
- Social Media Messages: Tweets and Facebook posts ready to use!
- Day-by-Day Falls Prevention One Pager (Customizable)
- Emergency Room Doctor’s Advice on Fall Prevention: flyer with information from Dr. Robert Anderson, a fall specialist
- Governor’s Proclamation for 2016 NC Falls Prevention Awareness Week
- Placemat with falls prevention tips (Thanks to the Montana Falls Prevention Coalition!)
- Placemat (2009) 5 Things You Can Do To Prevent A Fall