2023 Powerful Innovative Practices to Prevent Falls: The conference will spotlight innovation and state and national level falls prevention best practices.
- Falls Prevention Conference Flyer
- Falls Prevention Conference Packet
- 2023 Speaker Biographies, Presentation Descriptions, and Learning Objectives
- The purpose of this conference is to promote evidence-based and evidence informed strategies for falls prevention practices, products, programs, and technologies. Innovation and state- and national-level best practices for falls prevention will be highlighted.
- Individuals who participate in this conference will be able to:
- Discuss evidence-based and evidence-informed strategies for falls prevention
- Describe evidence-based falls prevention programs available in NC and how older adults can access these programs
- Identify high-risk medications that may predispose older adults to falls
- Describe the role hearing plays in balance and falls prevention
- Report increased awareness of practices, products, programs, and technologies for preventing falls and the adverse consequences associated with falls
- Continuing Education Information
- Contact Hours/CEUS
- The Friday Center for Continuing Education designates this continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 3.5 contact hours. This is equivalent to 0.35 CEUs as established by the National Task Force on the Continuing Education Unit.
- NCBPTE Contact Hours:
- Physical Therapists: APTA NC is a NCBPTE-approved provider of continuing competence for activities directly related to physical therapy and has approved this activity for 3.50 contact hours.
- Contact Hours/CEUS
- Presentation Slides, Handouts, and Recordings (Note: Materials are all password protected for registered attendees only)
- 2023 Sponsorship One-Pager: Message from our Sponsors
- Alignment Healthcare
- First Medicare Direct
UNC Friday Center –
Please click below to view archived Summit agenda and presentations. Presentation links are included in the agenda.
2017 Healthy Aging NC Summit – Integrated Strategies for Community and Clinical Connections
2014 NC Falls Prevention Summit- Collaboration through the Continuum of Care
2015 NC Falls Prevention Summit- Making Connections and Building Momentum