CDC’s WISQARS™ is an interactive, online database that provides fatal and nonfatal injury, and cost of injury data. Researchers, the media, public health professionals, and the public can use WISQARS™ data to learn more about the public health and economic burden associated with unintentional injury in the United States.
CDC National Center for Health Statistics – Nov. 2022 Data Brief – Unintentional Fall Deaths Among Adults Aged 65 and Over: United States, 2020
CDC Older Adult Falls Data: New interactive maps released in September 2019, including deaths from falls and falls by state.
Great tool for county level data!
The NC Division of Public Health’s Injury and Violence Prevention Branch provides statewide surveillance of fall injuries that result in self-reported injuries, emergency department visits, hospitalizations, and deaths.
- NC Center for Health Statistics BRFSS Data
- 2018 County-level falls data – Table & Maps. Please read updated description of data analysis.
- 2004-2014 NC Special Emphasis Report: Falls Injuries among Older Adults
- 2013 report on the burden of fall-related injuries in NC.
- 2013 video presentation of falls data in NC.
- 2011 fact sheet with falls data in NC.