EXPLORING THE 6 STEPS TO PREVENT A FALL:
VIRTUAL LUNCH & LEARN WEBINAR SERIES
Description: Join us to learn about the significance of open and honest communication with healthcare providers and the role communication plays in promoting mental health, preventing falls, and achieving optimal healthcare experiences. Discover how effective communication fosters trust, enhances patient-provider relationships, and improves overall healthcare outcomes.
- Discuss communication barriers in older adults related to falling
- Review tips on how to communicate with a healthcare provider about falls
- Learn about mental health disorders that increase falls risks in older adults
Step: Talk to your health care provider
Date: Thursday, September 21st, 2023
Time: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Speaker: Jeffrey Dula-Brown, MSHS, QMHP, CDP, Gero Specialist/Qualified Mental Health Professional Vaya Health
- Jeffrey Dula-Brown is a qualified mental health professional, Certified Dementia Practitioner, and our Eastern Region Team Supervisor. He has more than 30 years of experience in the health care industry and holds a Master of Science in Human Services. With his time working in hospitals, assisted living facilities, and skilled nursing facilities, Jeffrey has provided support to caregivers on issues ranging from behavioral management techniques, psychosocial wellness, grief and loss to connection to and education about health care services. He enjoys presenting helpful information on caregiving in creative ways that appeals to adult learners.
To register: Please complete the Zoom registration to receive the link.
Other resources from Vaya Health:
- NC DHHS: Directory of Local Management Entity/Managed Care Organizations (LME/MCO)
- Each LME/MCO is equipped with dedicated geriatric teams, either internally or through contractual partnerships. This directory serves as a user-friendly reference to directly connect with your respective LME/MCO and seamlessly access specialized geriatric team services.
- GAMHST Contact List
- GAMHST Referral Slides
- Eastern Region Geriatric Team Bios
- 2023 Educational Flyer
- 2023 Course Descriptions
- Webinar Schedule August 2023-December 2023