Falls Prevention Awareness Week begins on Monday, September 19th and we are so excited! I have attached a document which shares all of the activities going on next week for our region. There is also a flyer for presentations that will be live on our Facebook page (Piedmont Triad Regional Council Area Agency on Aging). Here’s a quick glance of the virtual line-up:
All presentations will be available on Facebook Live with the exception of the Dementia Related Falls session.
- Monday (9/19): “Fall Prevention Awareness Week Kick-Off” with Christina Peoples and MaryLou White – @ 10 AM
- Tuesday (9/20): “The 6 Pillars of Brain Health” with Mark Hensley (AARP North Carolina) – @ 10 AM AND Dementia Related Falls: Prevention Strategies with Mrs. Evelyn Smith (Partners Behavioral Healthcare) – @ 11:30 AM
- Wednesday (9/21): “Decluttering Your Home” with Ms. Angie Swann-Jones (AARP North Carolina ) – @ 10 AM
- Thursday (9/22): “Is Your Home Accessible for First Call Responders?” with Laura Smith (Forsyth County Emergency Services – EMS Division) – @ 10 AM
- Friday (9/23): “Let’s Learn About the Matter of Balance Program” with MaryLou White (Piedmont Triad Regional Council Area Agency on Aging) – @10 AM