Do you know seniors who have talent? Do they like cash and prizes? Then rally the gang and register a team for the Falls Prevention Idol skit competition today!
Falls Prevention Idol is a skit competition that will headline the Falls Prevention Fair to be held September 20, 2023 from 10:00-1:00 at the Vance Granville Community College Civic Center. The goal of the competition is to inspire and challenge others to take proactive action to prevent falls in their own lives. By creatively presenting various fall prevention actions and recommendations, senior volunteers can bring about real change in their peers.
Skit team will consist of 3 to 5 members. One participant may be a Senior Center Staff member or other professional, and the remainder of the team shall consist of senior volunteers.
The performance must communicate at least three of the key messages of Falls Prevention Awareness Week.
- Most falls are preventable
- Falls are not a natural part of aging
- Let’s move from Awareness to Action!
- Take Control of Your Health: 6 Steps to Prevent a Fall
1. Find a good balance and exercise program
2. Talk to your health care provider
3. Regularly review your medications with your doctor or pharmacist
4. Get your vision and hearing checked annually
5. Keep your home safe
6. Talk to your family members
Skits can be musical, theatrical, poetry, dance – anything goes! (Anything, that is, EXCEPT “fake falls.” See rules for more details.)
Let’s make this a fun and exciting as possible – oh, and did we mention CASH AND PRIZES?