The North Carolina Falls Prevention Coalition works to reduce the number of injuries and deaths from falls among adults using the following strategies:
- Maintain a statewide structure to coordinate falls reduction efforts through supporting and strengthening regional falls prevention coalitions and statewide partnerships.
- Share and promote evidence-based falls prevention programs and resources, and current activities, research, and projects happening across the state.
- Raise awareness of the burden of falls and of the strategies to reduce falls, such as routine screening for falls.
- Cultivate relationships with new partners and promote falls prevention education and training to all partners in NC.
- Advocate for policy changes and resources to reduce falls as a prevention tool.
- Increase visibility and understanding of falls prevention data through strategies to improve data collection and analysis.