The North Carolina Falls Prevention Coalition works to reduce the number of injuries and deaths from falls using the following strategies:
- Building and strengthening regional/local falls prevention coalitions.
- Developing and disseminating evidence-based falls prevention programs.
- Increasing access, timeliness and understanding of falls prevention data.
- Ensuring that each community or county has an array of resources essential for falls prevention.
- Educating and communicating with key constituencies about falls prevention.
- Cultivating relationships with key new partners in NC.
- Using policy as a prevention tool.
- Sharing information about current activities, research, and projects happening across the state.