2023 Theme: From Awareness to Action
Click HERE to view NCOA’s FPAW 2023 webinar (deep dive into preparing for the 2023 observance of Falls Prevention Awareness Week, Sept. 18-22).
- An overview from Hiroko Kiyoshi-Teo on how to incorporate motivational interviewing when engaging with older adults in falls prevention.
- A walk-through of the Falls Prevention Awareness Week toolkit to highlight new resources and share ideas of how community-based organizations can participate in this annual observance.
- A review of NCOA’s digital falls risk assessment, Falls Free CheckUp.
The resources provided below were shared from NCOA – Falls Free Pinellas as FPAW (Falls Prevention Awareness Week) resources, employing the 6 Steps to Prevent Falls:
- Senior Falls Safety – 2022 Book
- Falls Free Flower Project Introduction
Please note, you may add your logo if you wish, but you may NOT remove Falls Free Pinellas or NCOA logos as they partnered to create and share this great resource.