The N.C. Falls Prevention Coalition Action Plan is designed to reduce the number of injuries and deaths due to falls among older adults and adults at risk for falling in North Carolina over the next five years.
Since 2008, the N.C. Falls Prevention Coalition has brought together diverse stakeholders to focus on the public health issue of falls. Released during Falls Prevention Awareness Week Sept. 21-25, 2020, the 5-year Action Plan includes input from over 40 partners from across the state and all 180 coalition members were invited to contribute. It is a living document and will be updated regularly as we make progress collectively on each objective. Each objective has specific action steps that will be finalized and published on the website by Dec. 2020. Please visit this page for more information about the planning process and our 2012-2013 action plan.
- About the Plan
- Background & Development of This Five-Year Action Plan
- Shared Values/Guiding Principles
- Implementation & Evaluation Strategies
- Enhance opportunities for collaboration & networking among falls prevention stakeholders
- Prevent falls through comprehensive and coordinated clinical and community integration
- Increase public awareness and educational efforts regarding falls as an urgent public health issue and increase statewide advocacy for policies and systems that support falls prevention initiatives
Click below to join the coalition and to help move this plan forward and keep NC Falls Free!