2019 Upcoming Meeting Schedule:
- June 11, 2019, 11am-1pm at the Andrews Center on the Raleigh WakeMed campus (3024 New Bern Ave, Raleigh, NC 27610)
- August 27, 2019, 11am-1pm at UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont (100 Sprunt St, Chapel Hill, NC 27517)
- December 10, 2019, 11am-1pm at Searstone Retirement Community (17001 Searstone Dr, Cary, NC 27513)
Cultivate collaboration among multidisciplinary professionals to reduce falls and fall-related injuries in the Triangle area of North Carolina.
Foster partnerships to increase awareness of fall risk factors, advance access to fall prevention interventions, increase empowerment among North Carolinians in the Triangle area to understand and actively prevent falls, and decrease the risk and incidence of falls among Triangle residents.
- Promote falls awareness events in the Triangle community
- Compile and disseminate falls prevention resources
- Utilize data to guide the work of the coalition
- Sustain the Coalition
Formed in 2018, the Triangle Falls Prevention Coalition is a collaboration among three Level 1 Trauma Centers: Duke Trauma, UNC Trauma and WakeMed Trauma. The collaboration brings together a large region of Trauma RACs (Regional Advisory Committees) in the mid-Carolina region. Quarterly meetings bring together professionals in health care, injury prevention and aging services and provide educational and networking opportunities.
County Resource Guides:
Select one of the twelve counties below to view its guide.
If your county is in the Triangle Falls Prevention Coalition region and does not have a resource guide, contact Lindsay Bailey (Lindsay.Bailey@unchealth.unc.edu ) to add resources to this page.
Contact a Coalition Member
Want to be added to the member list or have a question for the coalition?
Please contact Tricia Smar, MSW, CHES | firstname.lastname@example.org | 919-943-0841
Injury Prevention Coordinator, Trauma Services
Duke University Hospital
Follow the title link above to find minutes and presentations of the Triangle Falls Prevention Coalition.