Healthy Aging NC
An Initiative of the NC Center for Health & Wellness at UNC Asheville
Healthy Aging NC serves as a resource center for evidence-based health promotion and disease prevention programs. Learn more about our chronic disease management and falls prevention programs, as well as additional resources at the Healthy Aging NC website.
Evidence-Based Falls Prevention Programs in NC
- A Matter of Balance
- Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention
- YMCA: Moving for Better Balance
National Council on Aging
A respected national leader and trusted partner to help people aged 60+ meet the challenges of aging. The National Council on Aging (NCOA) will give you tips and resources on fall prevention, balance programs and help you learn about Falls Prevention Awareness Day.
Injury Free NC
An initiative of the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill and the NC Division of Public Health’s Injury and Violence Prevention Branch to keep North Carolinians safe and free from injury and violence so that they can live to their full potential. Find resources and more information at the Injury Free NC website
Awareness Week Webinar Slides
- Ellen Schneider, Statewide Coalition: Updates from the state and local levels
- Leigha Shepler, Guilford County: Coalition successes
- Rebecca Chaplin, Western NC: Building successful coalitions
- National, State, and Local Falls Prevention Policies
- Policy Change for Falls Prevention: Making it Happen
- Preventing Falls Through Policy
- Older Adult Falls Prevention Overview
- Fall Risk Factors: Why do Older Adults Fall?
- Preventing Falls: What Works
- Building Community Capacity for Falls Prevention
- Spreading the Word: Community Awareness and Education
- Laying the Groundwork: Building Effective Coalitions and Partnerships